Membership for 2018 SPECIAL OFFER!
Membership to the British Powerlifting Union and Amateur British Powerlifting Union - for those over 18 years of age is £32 BPU and £37 ABPU for the year and £15 for members under 18 years of age (you will be required to produce documents to confirm this). Yearly membership runs from January 1st to the following January 1st and if you join for instance in May, then your renewal will still be due on the 1st of January if the following year. If you join from 1st October 2017 then you will not have to renew until the end of 2018 - we are offering you 3 months FREE!!!
Sometimes we run a special offer from the October where you get an extra 3 months free months membership. If you take this then it will run from 1st October so PLEASE dont ask us for special dispensation if you took it out on the 28th September or some other random earlier date.
Membership activates WHEN YOU FILL THE FORM IN AND MAKE PAYMENT so if you join mid year then it will still run out on the 31st December.
Where does my membership go?
The British Powerlifting Union has a bank account which will be used for all payments to and from the BPU. Accounts will be produced for each year.
The fees we have to pay and to cover travel expenses for officials will come out of the account and these are some of the fees that are mandatory:
- WPC/AWPC License fee: $250 per annum
- Sanction fees for international events: $250 per event
- Event Insurance: £120 per event
- Accounts Preparation (accountant fees): £500 per annum (approximately)
- Stationary, postage fees, printing, membership card printing, travel costs, web domain, paying for professional services, equipment, covering officials costs for BPU business stuff, travelling to international competitions FOR YOU to run the team, referees, spotters, loaders and admin staff, trophies, medals, venue hire, payments etc are all not known yet and will be accounted through the year. We do sometimes make payments to people who have gone out of their way for us which has caused them problems and I dont think anyone would begrudge those payments being made if it has made the competition you have entered actually run.
- Record Certificates - Yearly membership includes any GB records broken that year, there will be no additional charge for certificates but you MUST apply for them!
To Join the BPU/ABPU you can follow our easy on-line application process which requires you to make payment via paypal and then complete a registration form (all on-line for your ease).
BPU membership fees are:
New and renewal BPU members: £32
Under 18's : £15
|Adult Membership||Junior Membership (Under 18's)|
If you really do not want to use our on-line facility and would rather pay by cheque, you can fill in the application form at the bottom of the page and email to info@BritishPowerliftingUnion.co.uk, and post a cheque for the required amount to the following;
If paying by Cheque, please make cheque payable to:
"British Powerlifting Union" and post to:
c/o 22 Ivy Cottages, Meadow Lane, Denton, Manchester, M34 7PZ.
**Please be aware that renewals will be issued with a new card - you will be given a new card and new number each year