BPU Membership Application and Details
What happens when I sign up?
You will be given 2 options – to sign up for the remaining 2019 year – all memberships run from 1st January to 31 December each year – if you are competing in a competition in 2019. The second option if you are applying for a competition in 2020 and need to get your entry in sharpish prior to 2020.
Your details get sent through onto a csv file and they are processed every week. You will NOT receive your number immediately, your card will come in PDF format to your email in approximately 10 days. If you are in desperate need of your number then please email firstname.lastname@example.org (and please be courteous). After you pay WAIT and you will be redirected to a page where you will have a download page for your A/WPC Rule book and Welcome letter. Please ensure you download these and READ them.
IF I DONT HEAR ANYTHING BACK IN 10 DAYS?
Please email email@example.com ONLY if you have heard nothing back in over a week.
APPLYING FOR COMPETITIONS
You MUST have current membership when you apply to enter a competition in 2019, or a 2020 membership if aplying for a 2020 competition. If you are sailing close to the wind and it is unlikely that Kate will have got your card out to you – then email and ask for the number. In the meantime, on the entry form, put the date you applied for membership – YOU MUST INFORM US WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR MEMBERSHIP as it is required on the form – this is YOUR responsibility to let us know as soon as you receive it.
Where does my membership go?
The British Powerlifting Union has a bank account which will be used for all payments to and from the BPU. Accounts will be produced for each year.
The fees we have to pay and to cover travel expenses for officials will come out of the account and these are some of the fees that are mandatory:
- WPC/AWPC License fee: $250 per annum
- Sanction fees for international events: $250 per event
- Event Insurance: £120 per event
- Accounts Preparation (accountant fees): £500 per annum (approximately)
- Stationary, postage fees, printing, membership card printing, travel costs, web domain, paying for professional services, equipment, covering officials costs for BPU business stuff, travelling to international competitions FOR YOU to run the team, referees, spotters, loaders and admin staff, invite squad, trophies, medals, venue hire, payments etc are all not known yet and will be accounted through the year. We do sometimes make payments to people who have gone out of their way for us which has caused them problems and I dont think anyone would begrudge those payments being made if it has made the competition you have entered actually run.
- Record Certificates – Yearly membership includes any GB records broken that year, there will be no additional charge for certificates but you MUST apply for them!
- Payments to staff that help us, its not much but we try to at least give them somehing for their time.
To Join the BPU/ABPU you can follow our easy on-line application process which requires you to make payment via paypal and then complete a registration form (all on-line for your ease).
BPU membership fees are:
New and renewal BPU members: £32
Teenage classes : £15
**Please be aware that renewals will be issued with a new card – you will be given a new card and new number each year
YOUR BPU MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION LINK:
Data Storage and Registration